This week, I finished off the embellishments on my wonky house applique project. I added a few more flowers and some more grass.
The purple buttons are actually upside-down. I thought the back of the button looked more like a flower!
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I do not do hand quilting. I learned a long time ago how to hand quilt, but since I work full time, I have always chosen to pay someone else to quilt my bigger projects and machine quilt my smaller projects on my DSM. Since this project has been almost all done by hand, except the borders, I decided it needed hand quilting.
I have some more thread colours picked out and a design in mind for the orange and triangle borders. With any luck, I might be able to finish this project this week.
Come back next week and maybe there will be a finished project to share!