I had four fat quarters of the purple flower border print, several different sized pieces of purple solids and about a fat 1/8th of the green and purple polka dots.
On Friday night, I decided to start cutting into the fabric. I used only the purple and green flower border of the fat quarters and cut it into squares. I then cut the purples and the dots into squares as well. I used the squares to make 9 patches (sorry--I got carried away with sewing and forgot to get a picture of the nine patches.) I cut up the nine patches to make lots of these pieces...
A close up of one quadrant:
I finished piecing the entire quilt top except the borders tonight. I hope to add the two purple borders tomorrow night.
Wow! That was a fast quilt top!
On the way home from work the other night, the sun was setting over the snow covered fields. I snapped a couple of pictures with my phone.
I am thankful for longer days and some warmer temperatures in the weather forecast...