The Elgin Piecemakers met this past Thursday evening. In January, we had each been given a bag of fabrics to use to make a charity quilt top. This one was made by Pat. It has been quilted and just needs to have the binding done. She used a disappearing nine patch pattern.
Heather fussy cut the centres of these blocks and added some brightly coloured borders on each block.
Joanne attended an applique workshop and used her applique block as the centre of her charity quilt top.
I made this purple quilt top and Heather's husband quilted it. Today's slow Sunday stitching project will be hand sewing the binding down!
Here is the top that was made with the black, gray and white blocks we made. My block will be on the back of this quilt--somehow, we had 17 blocks for this one.
We made another slab block quilt this year as well. The blocks are 15 1/2" squares.
This month's blocks are pink, green and white. A couple of people are still working on their blocks! We always seem to end up with blocks that look good together!
I am off to get the binding onto the purple quilt now.