One night last week, I gathered up all of my bags of scraps, mostly sorted out by colour, and grabbed a bin. I went through all of the bags of bits and pieces and picked out all the brightly coloured ones and threw them into the bin.
The next step involved taking two pieces of fabric from the bin and just sewing them together. I chain pieced as many as I could in one evening and came up with this pile.
Tonight, I ironed them and laid them out on my design floor. I was surprised how many I had made!
Last week's instructions were to sew pairs together, creating bigger chunks of scraps. I hope to find some time this week to do this. I also still have lots of scraps in the bin --as I said before, they do seem to breed when I am not looking! I will have to sew them into pairs too. I don't want to have to put any scraps back into the zip lock bags.