Sunday, November 1, 2015

Frank is DONE!

 
Drum roll please!  I am happy to announce that Frank is done!  I finished the last stitches last Sunday afternoon while on our way to our nieces' birthday party. I now need to wash it and have it framed. I am hoping to hang Frank in my new sewing room. 
 


This week, I made two place mats for Meals on Wheels. The place mats will be put into gift bags that are delivered along with the meals on Christmas day.  This is an annual project for the London Friendship Quilters' Guild. They are ready to take to our next meeting so labels can be added.

 
 
I also made binding for a charity quilt made by members of the Elgin Piecemakers for an adult chemo patient at our local hospital.  I only have part of one side to finish stitching tomorrow. Each member of the guild made a different coloured slab--they were put together into one top which was quilted by one of our Heather's husband. I offered to do the binding.
 
 


Did I ever mention that I love orange!!!???


I will be linking to slow Sunday stitching at Kathy's blog.

I went fabric shopping this past week. I just wanted to get some flannel for the backing of the baby quilt I just made..., however,  several pieces of fabric leaped into my bag and came home with me. 


The two darker fabrics are for pillow cases for our local Inn Out of the Cold program.

 
I am sure it will all be put to good use, someday!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a beautiful Frank finish and the placemats are such a nice charity project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finish is wonderful! Love the tumbler placemats what a great idea and they are sure to bring some much needed joy to whoever receives them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo!!! Great finish!! I know your gifts will be well appreciated by their recipients!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great projects in progress, like the place mats for Meals on Wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank is beautiful! Love those placemats. What a lovely idea. Great fabrics too. I can't wait to see what they become.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange is the best!!
    I love the mats for Meals on Wheels - what a thoughtful gift for the recipients. I am sure they will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Frank piece. I am encouraged to get mine out and begin it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frank is very modern and will look great when framed. Meals on Wheels recipients will be delighted to have placemats. I just hate it when fabric leaps in my shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for finished Frank. The tumbler placemates look so beautiful, have a great week. Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is your cross stitch missing a little bit of brown in the upper right corner? To match the left side? I hope I do not sound awful asking that, perhaps it's a missed stitch or two or maybe it's me being silly. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It should be hung in a public place, not hidden in your sewing room. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your Frank piece its stunning. Those placemats will surely bring lots of lovely smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone who doesn't love orange is untrustworthy in my book! Frank looks fantastic, congratulations on getting him finished up. Make sure you show us how he looks when he's framed and hanging in your sewing room too :) I think those place mats are such a great idea, a really thoughtful gift to receive on Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love Frank! Great job. And Christmas place mats - a lovely idea and will bring great pleasure I think!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finish!! And so many nice charity projects. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just ran across your first FLW post and was curious to see the finished project - it is beautiful!! My mom recently passed away, and I found her FLW Tree of Life pin with her jewelry. Hers has a lavender square with green beads around the perimeter. I thought hers was missing a bead until I saw your second post. I’m guessing she bought hers in Arizona, as I think that’s the last FLW location she visited (many many years ago). Anyway, thanks for sharing this project - really enjoyed seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete