Saturday, November 21, 2015

Hand Quilting at the Curling Club



I have had this wool project basted and ready to hand quilt for months now.  It may become a pillow or it may become a wall hanging...I am not sure yet.  I spent some time working on it while watching my daughter curl on Friday night.  I am quilting around the wool appliqué and have not decided what to do after that.  



My daughter curls in a mixed competitive league.  One of her teammates asked if I was crocheting.  His girlfriend admired my project.  She knew it was not crochet. 

I hope to get some more stitches in this week.

9 comments:

  1. I love your stitching with wool. A question for you once you have a quilt done can it be washed if your wool has been pre-washed? I am thinking of adding a border to a quilt and making the applique from wool for something different - I have never used it before but love the look - but I wash my quilts - if the wool is washed to make sure it doesn't bleed could the quilt be washed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize Bertie!! I made the series last year and just love putting up a new one each month 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wool project is very pretty. Great way to spend time, watching your daughter curl and slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty block! I have yet to work with wool, but I always love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Bertie block--so funny someone would mistake it for crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to pass the time at curling practice. Your applique is lovely. I think for people who don't handcraft then quilting/crochet/knitting/embroidery are interchangeable in their minds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is an avid crocheter and people always think she knits. The great thing about stitching in public is the opportunity to educate. Lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was that a Bertie block? Those were so cute!! I really waffled back and forth on whether to get it or not. I say pillow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete