Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Summary




I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of the year already!!!  Where does time go???  It is time to look back over the last 12 months to see what I have accomplished this year with my sewing projects...

January:  A Gift for my aunt...

 

February:  I finished a UFO... a wool applique wall hanging.  I hand appliqued and hand quilted this one.
 
 
March:  A baby quilt for my husband's cousin's baby.
 
 

 
I also completed an improvisational piecing project started at a Jacquie Gering workshop in the summer of 2013.
 
 
 
April:  Another baby quilt--this one was made with Cat in the Hat fabrics.



May:  I made this purple quilt for the chemo unit at our hospital with some fabric donated to the Elgin Piecemakers along with some of my own fabric.



July:  I put together this quilt top for an adult chemo patient at our local hospital.  It has been quilted and bound but I don't have a picture of it all done yet.


I also made a scrap vortex quilt in July...Here is the flimsy but I never did post a picture of the completed quilt on my blog.



November:  I finished off a baby quilt in waiting.



I also made a table runner for my MIL for Christmas.





And I finished cross stitching the Frank Lloyd Wright "Tree of Life" window.


I made two placemats for Meals on Wheels.



In December, I made a few Christmas gifts... a friendship bag:



A Prairie Point star ornament for my friend, Julie.



I made this hot pad for another friend, Pat.



I still have quite a few workshop UFO's to finish off in 2016.  Here's hoping that I will have some time in the sewing room to work on them!  The London Friendship Quilters Guild will be having their biannual quilt show this fall so I want to have some quilts done to enter into the show.   I need to get sewing!

2 comments: