Monday, December 21, 2015

Modern Quilt Guild Gift Exchange

 
The London Modern Quilt Guild met in mid December for a fun meeting of food and games!  We had decided that we would do a gift exchange at the November meeting. We each had to make a small Friendship bag from the pattern on P.S. I quilt and then put something in the bag of our choice.


I decided to use black and white selvages and some fun checkerboard fabric to make my bag.


I quilted it organically...


and used this cute red, black and white Argyll fabric for the lining.


I added some cards made by a local photographer.  We played a game in which we passed the parcels around the table to the left and right, and across the table as someone read a story to us. 


I received this pretty purple batik bag with a cute fat quarter inside! 

It was fun to see all the bags and the treats that they held!

3 comments:

  1. I love the bag you made...it my favorite colors!! What a fun exchange idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the bag you made, the lining was such a great choice too. Sounds like a great exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the bag you made, the lining was such a great choice too. Sounds like a great exchange.

    ReplyDelete