Here is a "before" picture...not a pretty sight...
Great progress has been made but I still have a ways to go. I go at it in 15 minute intervals, maybe once or twice a week. It is slowly becoming a more useful space. The shelves actually have bins of fabric on them now...
This week, I found a bin of UFO's and kits waiting to be made. One of the kits I found was for a hot pad. The fabric and pattern were all in a little bag. When Christine was here earlier this week, I worked on the hot pad while she pieced a backing for a new Christmas quilt.
There are 28 5" squares of fabric in this hot pad!
Tonight, I hand sewed the points of each folded square down and did the binding.
Here it is with all the points sewn down:
The binding is cut on the bias so that it will go around the curve smoothly.
Here is the back.
This hot pad is a gift for someone who does not read my blog. I hope she likes it!
I am linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.