I have spent much of my sewing time over the last couple of weeks working on finishing this UFO from a workshop by Jacquie Gering in the Spring of 2014. You can see my other posts about this project here and here. The toughest part of sewing this together was keeping all of those squares in the right order and the right orientation...I only had to unstitch one seam!!!
I decided to add some small leaves to the stems of the purple flowers. I like the butterflies too! I have some fun fabric in my stash for the backing of this quilt and will be quilting in myself on my new sewing machine using one of the walking foot quilting patterns that I learned at a recent workshop with Jacquie Gering.
Here are a few pictures from my garden and my MIL's garden. She has a lovely magnolia tree in her yard.