Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas Gifts Revealed and some Slow Stitching


I made several zipper pouches as gifts this year for Christmas.  Now that they have all been given, I can show pictures on my blog.  This one was made for my MIL.  She loves sheep and I have had this sheep fabric in my stash for a year or two, hoping to make something for my MIL with it.  My MIL was delighted with her pouch and looks forward to using it when she comes for an overnight visit at our house.


This bag was made for one of my nieces.  She has converse running shoes so this fabric called to me when it was time to make her zippered pouch.

Here is a picture of my nieces with their pouches.  The second pouch had bicycles on it.


I made a couple of pouches for friends for Christmas too, but somehow, forgot to take pictures of them before they were gifted.  

During the holidays, I have had some time to work on my counted cross stitch snowmen picture.  Santa brought me a new Ott floor lamp for Christmas so now I can see better for stitching in the evenings.  


I have been concentrating on finishing off this snowman completely.


I still need to outline the two yellow and black birds.


I also added some branch extensions to the second snowman.  This picture is coming along nicely.  I don't have a deadline for when it needs to be finished.  I am just enjoying the process.  I hope to have some more stitching time today, if our family gift from Santa does not distract me too much.  The three of us spent a few hours last night working on our new puzzle.  Most of the easy parts are done...now for the background... 1000 pieces...


I will be linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers tomorrow.  Happy New Year!


16 comments:

  1. I love the pouches that you made and you have given me a great idea for gifts for next Christmas.(thinking way ahead!) Could you give me the name of the pattern that you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen
      Here is the link to the tutorial to make the zippered pouches.
      https://noodle-head.com/2012/06/open-wide-zippered-pouch-diy-tutorial.html

      I should have included it in my post!

      Gail

      Delete
  2. my daughter is making snowmen too - a lot like these I think but it is awhile since I looked at her pattern so I might be wrong. Nice bags and looks like everyone liked them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like my pouch. My sock knitting is living in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just did a Star Wars 1000 piece puzzle... very relaxing!
    Enjoy your cross stitch on this last day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your zipper bags are lovely and I love your fabric choices. We have a new 1000 piece puzzle but we haven't started it yet, maybe this evening..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so nice that you got the Ott floor lamp. I absolutely love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pouches and your snowman reflects my outdoors right now :)

    Enjoy your stitching and puzzle today! I have an Ott light and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snowman is looking good. I love doing puzzles but my cat also loves the pieces so I haven't been doing any.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zipper pouches are such a nice holiday gift. Useful for so many things. It looks like you found just the right fabrics to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pouches, they look as if they were well received! X stitch snowmen is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pouches are beautiful. I really love that sheep fabric. Your snowmen are really coming to life. I love how outlining does that. Ahh puzzles. I adore completing puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice present to give friends and family. Those are so cute and appreciated. So glad you got an Ott floor lamp. I have several Ott lights, but not a floor one. That will make your life easier for stitching for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous set of Christmas gifts, and it sounds like a wonderful way to spend Christmas, all tucked up with crafting and a good jigsaw puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the link to Noodlehead's tutorial. I really need to make some of these. Good lighting is a must for counted cross stitch and all other sewing for that matter. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete