Saturday, March 31, 2018

Foothills Quilt Blocks

I am making very slow progress on my blocks for the Foothills Quilt along with Mary Elizabeth Kinch.  Christine and I got together to sew one evening this week and I finished off four more blocks.


I have 9/25 done now.  I am using my husband's discarded shirts as my fabric supply.


Each block is unique.



The geese are pointing in the opposite direction in this block--they have gone rogue!


I have lots of parts made (half square triangles and hour glass units) but need to make more flying geese to put more blocks together.

I put all my blocks on the design wall to take a peek at how they will look together...


There will be sashing between the blocks.

It is still quite chilly where I live--we had a hard frost overnight.  My witch hazel bush is in bloom. I took these pictures after it rained all night.



I love how the water droplets just hang off of the petals.


That's all for now.  Take care and Happy Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is going to be awesome. I don't think anything is blooming here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use hubbys shirts in your quilt. Is it going to be for him, or to be used on the couch perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using his shirts!! The blocks look great.

    Super cold and windy here / you are not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete