Saturday, March 3, 2018
Stitching Done, Beads Up Next!
I did a little stitching this week. Once I started, it was hard to stop. First, I finished the outlining...
Then, I did a lot of French knots including these ones that make up the seed heads on the fireweed branches. I have admired several other stitchers' dense French knots on their projects. This is the first time that I have done this and I think I did ok!
There were lots and lots of French knots to do--eyes on all the birds, food for the birds and berries on the branches.
The birds on the ground with this snow-woman are eating some other type of seed...stitched as seed stitches!
I did the French knots on the branch on the right several years ago, when I first worked on this picture, before it got put away. The knots on the left side were done this week. I decided to leave the old knots in, as a testament to the improvements in my stitching abilities over time.
Now, on to the seed bead snowflakes. I will need to work on the beads while sitting at a table so I don't lose the beads as I sew them in place. I'm really glad that I decided to take this project out of hiding and back into action!