Friday, May 18, 2018

Ongoing Projects

I have a few projects in process at the moment and work on whatever strikes my fancy when I have a bit of sewing time.   I took a scrappy appliqué class with Shannon Brinkley a couple of weeks ago and am in the process of quilting my wallhanging.  Here is a sneak peak.  I will do a more detailed post about the class and the quilt when it is done. I'm using orange thread for the quilting. 


I'm also working on an I Spy baby quilt...the top is pieced and it is waiting to be quilted.  I will do the quilting on my DSM.  My main machine is in getting serviced at the moment.  I hope to have it back next week.  It has a bigger throat and is easier to use for quilting than my older portable Janome.  I used Bonnie Hunter's Bricks and Stepping Stones pattern for this quilt.


I have managed to get some more stitches into my Fountain Glass Window (Frank Lloyd Wright) counted cross stitch project as well.  One night this week, my daughter and I stitched together over FaceTime.   I will try to get an up to date picture of her London Cityscape to add to this post later. 
Here's my picture...


I noticed my fothergilla bush is blooming this week...I love the delicate white flowers:


I will be linking up with Kathy and her gang of Slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, those are tiny stitches on the FLW piece, beautifully done. I don't think I've ever seen a fothergilla bush, I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to have a variety of crafts available to work on. I like that I Spy quilt. Your cross-stitch is looking great. I have never seen that bush before. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you have time stitching with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete