Saturday, September 8, 2018

Slow Stitching This Week

It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted a picture of my Frank Lloyd Wright counted cross stitch project.  Here is a picture of where I left off last time.  


Since then, there have been a few car trips with stitching as well as an evening with a friend --she was knitting mittens and I cross stitched.  Today, I was at the September meeting of the London Modern Quilt Guild and there was time to sit and sew after the business meeting and program.  Instead of bringing my sewing machine and a bag of fabric, I chose to just bring my (lightweight!) bag with my cross stitch project in it and add some more stitches.


There is one more rectangular box at the bottom of the picture that I need to complete along with the grey borders like the rest of the piece. There are not a lot of colourful stitches left to add--just a few here and there---mostly grey.    After the cross stitching is done, I will be working on the silver outlining. I need to find my thread heaven again as the metallic thread tends to tangle easily.


Grand-puppy, Finn, has been teething and lost a molar this week.  I wonder if the Tooth Fairy visits puppies???

It has gotten decidedly cooler in my neck of the woods this weekend but I still have lots of blooms in my garden...


Sedum


A miniature rose


Phlox

One of my favourite things to do on Sundays is to check out what the other Slow Stitchers are up to over at Kathy's blog.  I hope you will take a peek and perhaps leave some encouraging comments on some of the blogs. 

8 comments:

  1. It's a wonder you found the tooth! Your blooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers you have blooming! Your stitchery is coming along really well--I envy counted x-stitchers--I never have done that craft--it will be beautiful hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving you are nearing the end of your cross stitch project.... and thread heaven or beeswax does help that thread not shred so easily for sure!! I had forgotten dogs lose their teeth and that is a big one!!! I will watch for that with our pup now too as she grows!!! Love all your flowers... I am such a softie for flowers and yours are especially beautiful.. off to make some slow stitches of my own.. have a blessed Sunday!!! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Your flowers are pretty, especially the phlox! I love their creamy blooms. I am very attracted to the colors in your FLW piece! I'm with you -- I bring handwork everywhere I go, to get in a few more stitches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to stitch, with friends! We used to give our dog frozen carrot sticks when she was teething and to this day she loves a piece of carrot when we are cooking. (The only human food she gets) I agree that does look like a big tooth! Your flowers are lovely by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never realized that dogs lose teeth, I guess I've never thought about it before. FLW is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers, FLW is looking great and I don't see why the tooth fairy can't come to the puppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your piece is coming along nicely and will be finished up in no time! I also love stitching with friends - the time goes by much too quickly! Your flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete