Thursday, August 30, 2018

Guess Whoooo is Here?


A colleague at work is having her second baby any time now and her last day of work is tomorrow.  I started this quilt last week and finished it up on Tuesday night.  I brought it to work today to give it to her.  I included washing instructions!  Mom was thrilled with the quilt and promised to send me pictures of the new baby and her big sister with the quilt.


The name of the quilt, "Guess Whooo is Here?" came from the owls on the white fabric.  The quilting is a wavy cross hatch.  I used some solid yellow for the binding and a soft flannel for the backing.  All fabrics were in my stash...


I don't think there are any more babies coming soon so I will take a hiatus from baby quilts for now.  I did find another charm pack in my sewing room that I will likely use for the next baby quilt...

I will be working on the last 5 Foothills blocks this next week.  I finished two more last night...



I am so close to having all of the blocks done.  I have started the last 5 blocks and just need to make the geese and the HST's for the remaining blocks.


I will be linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday Morning.  I love hand sewing the binding on a quilt!  I will be working on my Frank Lloyd Wright counted cross stitch this weekend...no progress so far this week but I hope to get lots done this weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors on the baby quilt and I am sure the baby will too! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Foothills blocks... they have tempted me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wavy crosshatch is such a nice feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely baby gift! Wavy crosshatching is such a fun design to quilt and always looks great. Enjoy your cross stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute baby quilt. The Foothills blocks are quite a switch from bright baby colors. I really like those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty baby quilt! Love the owl's. What fun foothills blocks. Love them in the checks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the quilting pattern on the baby quilt, and that owl fabric is really cute! Tell the new mom "Congrats" from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lucky recipient of a baby quilt made by The Cozy Quilter. Great idea to include washing instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the baby quilt -- how fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet baby quilt! I really like that footshill block, don't think I have seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The baby quilt is a nice finish. I'm sure mum to be was delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet baby quilt. I'm sure it will be well used and treasured!

    ReplyDelete