Thursday, August 2, 2018

Stitching and Swapping

I am well on my way on page two of my Frank Lloyd Wright Fountain Glass window cross stitch picture.  I did most of my stitching in the car again this past week.  My MIL lives out of town and I like to stitch as my husband drives when we go to visit her.  I find this time to be quite relaxing and it helps me to unwind from my hectic week. There are never enough hours in the day to get everything done so I am trying to prioritize the jobs and still give myself time to stitch by hand and machine. 


Two envelopes arrived this week with more DMC #318 thread---One came from Carol in North Carolina--it matches my grey thread perfectly!  Thanks so much, Carol, for sending the thread to me! The second envelope contained #318 as well but it must have been newer thread as it was much lighter than the grey I have been using.  I will return that thread to its owner when I see her in September.  Thanks, Kim, for sending the floss!  This picture is becoming a group effort!  I should be able to make lots more progress now.  What would I do without my stitching friends?


I am continuing to work on my swap blocks for the Elgin Piecemakers Swap.  There are 12 people swapping blocks each month for several months--I need to make 24 blocks for each month so my goal is to have all my blocks done for September to December by the end of the month.  So far, I have made two months worth of blocks.


It's interesting to dig through my scraps to find appropriate colours (white, beige, grey, black and brown) to put these blocks together.  Each block is a 5" square when completed.  Some of this fabric has been in my stash for a long time and it is good to find a use for it.


Here are my September and October piles as well as one block for November.

I will be linking up with Kathy and the other slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday morning.

7 comments:

  1. FLW is looking wonderful. I am so glad someone had the floss that you needed. I hope that is enough to complete the piece. Your blocks are very pretty. You have so many different neutral fabrics. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about the DMC 318! I do wonder how you manage to stitch in the car though. Is it your cross stitch you are doing? Your 5" blocks are looking good, I agree with Cathie you do have a great selection of neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool surprise to see your neutral blocks! I didn't know that you had started this yet!! Mine is to be quilted soon. I'm a bit disappointed in it but I have to just "get over it". I should have taken the time to square-up each block and do it right. The resulting quilt is not a true portrayal of my abilities. It bothers me because I love this quilt and was looking forward to the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will truly be a community stitchery with all the floss donations! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need any more of the older DMC 318? I have a couple of bobbins worth that might match. Email me if you need me to send some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fortunate that the elusive grey thread keeps showing up, that's what friends are for. The blocks look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Wright stitching, how lovely to have a rescue floss arrive :) The blocks are a great place to use up well aged stash!

    ReplyDelete