Friday, February 1, 2019

Comfort Quilts and Blocks

The Elgin Piecemakers Guild met last week and there were lots of comfort quilts on display!  This scrappy churn dash was quilted by Julie and I love the quilting design she used!  


Yvonne has taken it home to add the binding. 


At our Christmas dinner, earlier in January, we each brought in a brown and teal block.  Here are all of the blocks on display.  I'm always amazed at the variety of blocks that come in each month and how well they all look when assembled into quilt tops. 


At last week's meeting, we all brought in our green, brown and cream blocks. I wonder what colour of sashing will get added to these blocks?  


I have been working on blocks for the upcoming comfort quilts. I like to have a few made ahead of time so I am not rushing at the last minute to make my blocks.   I used my drunkard's path rulers to make my blocks.  

Purple, green and white: 

Red and white:

Orange, Navy and green:


I have chosen my fabrics for my next block but it is not cut out yet.  I should have more to show in a week or two.

1 comment:

  1. The scrappy churn dash quilt is so bright & happy. Just gorgeous! Love your upcoming blocks too and look forward to seeing them in their respective quilts!

    ReplyDelete