Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Two Blocks for the Price of One

I was home alone one evening this week and decided to make another Elgin Piecemakers Guild Comfort Quilt block, this time with a navy print and white.  Again, I got out my new Drunkard's Path rulers and started to play.  I cut the larger piece out bigger than the template as I had decided to cut the blocks in half diagonally and I still wanted a 12.5" block in the end. 


I sewed the triangles together to make 4 HST's and then laid them out for my block.  Uh, oh!  I ended up with a weird face with big ears....this was not what I had envisioned!


I went back to the cutting table and cut out four more blocks  and sewed them together. This is more like it!


In the end, I have two blocks, one spinning one way and the second one spinning the other way.  



One will be used the Comfort Quilt and the other will be used in a future project.  Here are my twin blocks:


Several of these blocks would make an interesting quilt...

2 comments: