Saturday, March 2, 2019

Stitching to Nashville and Back Again

If you read my previous post, you will know that I attended QuiltCon in Nashville last week.  From where I live, it is a day and a half of driving to get to Nashville.   Christine and I and our husbands made the journey in our car.  My husband did the driving and Christine and I sat in the back seat cross stitching (me),  knitting and embroidering (Christine).

Near the beginning of our trip, this is what my Frank Lloyd Wright cross stitch picture looked like:


I was soon rounding the corner...


And working on the last corner...


Christine made a cowl with some pretty Burgundy yarn.  Casting on...


And knitting away...


On the way home, I finished off the cross stitching on my picture and started the outlining with gold metallic thread.


Christine and I both bought embroidery kits at QuiltCon.  She worked on hers on the way home as I cross stitched.


It was a sunny day so the lighting was perfect.


Here is my kit...I will work on it when Frank is done.


I worked on FLW again this week at home and here is how it looks now.


This will be tomorrow's project again for Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy.  I am using Thread Heaven on the metallic thread to keep it from tangling up too much. I know from experience that the outlining can take almost as long as the cross stitching so this will be in my hoop for a while yet.

8 comments:

  1. I bet you had a good time going with friends - that was a long drive! your projects are all so pretty - I'm only 6-7 hours and I didn't go :( maybe next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great car trip. Crafts, friends and a fun destination. Frank is looking wonderful. Both embroidery kits look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like good progress, and sounds like you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really did make excellent use of your time in the back seat. From the pictures I've seen online it looks like QuiltCon was fabulous, hope it was that good in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so lucky to be able to do handwork in the car!...so many people can't. You sure got a lot done on the road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your FLW looks wonderful and those embroidery kits your friend and you bought are sweet. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both made good use of your time in the car. Those new embroidery kits are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. QuiltCon sounds amazing! I wish I could stitch in the car. Unfortunately, concentrating like that makes me sick :-(

    ReplyDelete