Saturday, April 27, 2019

Tulips!

I have been working on hand appliquéing my tulip blocks for my Sarah Fielke Coming Home BOM this week.  The two magenta tulip blocks are completely done and I am now working on the top right turquoise block.  The stem is done and I am just starting the leaves...


I'm getting better at those inside points and the curves with each leaf and tulip...


Christine was at my house for sewing night one evening this past week so I made the 12 house blocks included in last month's instructions.  The next step will be out on Tuesday so I still have a bit more to do before this stage will be done, but I am close!  There will be more houses to make this month and the houses in the picture above will each get a roof.


My Pasque Flowers bloomed this week.  I love the fuzzy edges.

Finn likes to lie beside me while I do my hand stitching. He spends some of his time watching for my husband or me to come home by sitting on the back of the couch and looking down the street for our cars.


We have been going for lots of walks.  


I have been getting a lot more steps on my Fitbit since Finn came to visit.


This is growing in my garden in several spots but I did not plant it...not sure how it got there, but it sure is pretty!

I will link up with Kathy in the morning for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I hope to finish off my tulips soon and get the next border sewn on Coming Home before the next set of instructions is out on Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful new renegade flower in your garden!
    I find the points to be the hardest challenge with applique... but as you said each block gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your applique tulips! I need to practice more, as I am just not proficient at needleturn yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever seen that lovely fuzzy flower before - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curves and points look fantastic to me! Having a dog certainly helps to keep you fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous flowers!! Finn looks so sweet. The appliqué blocks are coming along nicely. I like your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers and your quilt blocks. Those applique tulips are very pretty. Finn looks like he has settled in quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing more loving than a devoted dog awaoting their owner.

    ReplyDelete