Monday, June 17, 2019

Accidental Boxes


I finished binding this quilt that I made from a Bali Pop jelly roll on the weekend.  As you may remember, I started this quilt several years ago and made the triangles...then it got put away and I did not touch it again until this past spring when I took the triangles to an Elgin Piecemakers sewing day to see if I could make something with them.  I had long ago lost the original pattern that I was trying to follow.  I laid the triangles out on the floor and started to play with arranging them.  By the end of the day, I had sewn the top together, except for the outer border, which I had to purchase.


I was surprised to see the 3-D boxes when the top was together...this was a pure accident!  This quilt will be a gift for someone who does not read my blog.


This is our shade garden beside our shed and behind the gazebo.  There has been a lot of rain this spring so everything is looking quite lush at the moment. One of my hostas is called "Quilting Bee".


This is the view from the gate as you enter the yard.  There is a rain barrel just to the left of the walkway which explains the hose and watering cans at the side of the picture.


The mulching is all done.  There are a few smaller jobs to do around the yard this week but we are in good shape for having company this weekend for a BBQ.  Hopefully, the weather will co-operate and we can eat outside.


5 comments:

  1. Your garden is so very pretty. I love your walkway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish with the triangles! I don't know what the original design was, but this one is amazing! Your garden is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt top! Made me think of a colourful stained glass window. We had a lot of rain here in California this year too and my garden is a happy garden this year. You have such a beautiful garden full of happy green plants. Love the walkway :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful when a happy accident happens like that..totally a 3d effect and I also like how the very light colour seems to pop. What a piece, just beautiful! We have had 4 sunny days and now rain today. Not complaining though. Your garden areas look lovely.

    ReplyDelete