Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Cityscape and Frank

Saturday afternoon, my husband and I spent some time in the gazebo...he read a book and I worked on my Frank Lloyd Wright counted cross stitch picture.  You can see below that I have added more outlining in this corner as well as some more cross stitches in red and blue. It is easier to see the waterlilies once the outlining is done. 


My daughter has been busy at work lately, but hopes to find some time this weekend to continue working on her most recent cityscape.  I am still not sure which city she is doing this time...any guesses?


A colleague at work retired this week so I made her a wide open zipper pouch (pattern at Noodlehead's blog).  I found out after giving it to her that her travel case had just fallen apart so the gift was timely!




I have made several of these as gifts for friends and family.  


In the Spring of 2014, I took a Stitch and Flip class with Jacquie Gering.  Yesterday, I finally sewed one seam in the backing and took it to the long arm quilter's house.  I have had the backing for several years and I'm not really sure why I took so long getting this quilt to the finished stage.  The picture above is the backing.  I will do a blogpost later this week to show off the finished quilt.  Cathy should have it done by Monday. 


Our Japanese Lilac tree is in bloom this week.  I love the creamy white flowers.  


This baby robin was in my flower garden yesterday morning when I was out watering the plants.  When I checked back later in the day, he was gone.  I'm hoping his Mom came back to get him. 

I will be linking up with Kathy on Sunday morning with the other hand stitchers/knitters/crocheters.  Take a peek at what everyone is up to this week. 

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty lilac blooms, could almost smell their sweet fragrance. Must have been nice sitting so quietly in the gazebo while workung on FLW project. It's really coming right along. No clue as to what city your daughter is working on. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that Japanese lilac - I love lilac's but they do not grow well here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that travel bag that you made. I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. What a great picture you got of that baby robin. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching, love that backing,look forward to seeing the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FLW is looking good! Very nice pouch bag for your friend, I bet she was delighted. Gorgeous backing fabric look forward to seeing the front! Not sure which city your daughter is stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. FLW looks lovely to spend time on. Backings are so boring to figure and stitch, but so great to get off the list of "to be done".

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I used to cross stitch quite a bit, I was always surprised how the outlining made the pattern come to life! Stitching in a gazebo...sounds heavenly! Your daughter's project looks to me like maybe a college campus...but it's supposed to be a city, so I have no idea. It will be fun to find out!

    Your pouch is lovely - I especially like how you made the cute zipper! Nice touch and timing!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete