Saturday, November 16, 2019

Frank and Some Gift Making

I spent a little time with Frank this week and made some progress on this project, finally.  It is not as interesting to do the outlining as it is to do the cross stitching so I may be guilty of avoiding FLW for the last little while.  I am determined to finish this Waterlilies window so I will get moving on it. 


A group of friends/former colleagues and I got together for dinner last night and I made each of them a zippered pouch...


The other four pouches are shown below.






It's fun to dig through my stash to find just the right fabrics for each gift.  I used up almost all of the zippers I had on hand but, alas, I still have lots of fabric left...


I also made one microwavable bowl holder for one friend.  I didn't think he would appreciate a zippered pouch but he was quite pleased with the bowl holder...he said he could have used it the day before when trying to take a bowl of soup out of the microwave without burning his hands.

We had a glorious sunset tonight and I ran out to the front porch to take a picture.


It has been cold and snowy where Finn lives so he has taken to wearing his coat and boots when he and my daughter go for a walk.


Finn doesn't mind the coat but the boots, not so much.

Have a great Sunday and take a look at Kathy's blog where you will find a whole tribe of Slow Sunday stitchers!

10 comments:

  1. Oh your pouches are so cute. Love that donkey fabric, my friend and I have a thing for them. I will have to look for that fabric. That look on Finn's face confirms your thought that he really doesn't want to be seen in those boots, but how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zippered bags are nice and very useful! Sometimes we just need to grit our teeth and work on the boring parts to get to the fun part! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pouches and that bowl holder is a wonderful idea. I have been wondering about FLW. I have been doing a good deal of avoidance lately to. Sometimes you just have to get to it. Finn looks adorable, but I can understand his dislike for the boots even though they are necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finn is just too adorable. I want to do some of those bowls too. Good progress on your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice gifts you made for your friends. Such a sweet Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often wonder if dogs really need coats and boots - you never used to see people dressing up their dogs - their fur was enough - I wonder why now so many think that is needed? (I am not a dog owner so have no clue)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made the bowls as stocking stuffers two years ago for all the family...they loved them! I think retirement is suiting you just fine, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pouches are lovely. I have been working on a bunch of bowl cozies for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little zip pouches are lovely, your friends must have been delighted! Finn doesn't look impressed by boots or coat LOL! They wouldn't last five minutes on Lola. Luckily we don't get much snow and she moves constantly so no chance she gets cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your zippered pouches are darling! Your coordinated the fabrics beautifully. I just learned how to make a bowl cozy this weekend! They're such fun projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete