Friday, November 29, 2019

Modern Swap Blocks

Sorry I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks.  I have been doing lots of sewing but it has almost all been secret sewing which I can't share here yet.  I have also been working on blocks for a swap and since I finished them today, I decided to show them on my blog. I have participated in Barb's modern block swap three times now.  The first year, we made broken dishes blocks with red and another solid colour.



The second year, we swapped churn dash blocks in jewel tones.


(I have all of these blocks in bags, ready to make into something...waiting for inspiration to hit! They are on my UFO list to be done sometime in the next 6 months or so.)

This year, we are exchanging star blocks.  I made one to make sure the size was going to be ok, and it was!


I used a variety of colours of solids along with some of my black and white prints for the centres.


By the time I was finished sewing all of my blocks for the swap, I found that I had some extra flying geese so I made myself a few extra stars which I will add to the ones I receive from Barb for the swap.


Thanks, Barb, for organizing the swap.  I can't wait to get my parcel back in the mail in January sometime. 



I visited my daughter last weekend...there was Christmas shopping, Christmas movies and walks with Finn.


4 comments:

  1. Those blocks look great, every years! I'm loving the plain colours actually. I'm in the process of stash building plains.....not sure why but does there have to be a reason? Glad you had a good time with your daughter and Finn of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an overachiever! I am only half way through making my blocks.
    I love the ones you made with different scrappy star points... they will add interest to the quilt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a long time swapper!
    Your B&W prints are just wonderful and I love your choice of colors too! I'm definitely keeping one with mixed points.

    ReplyDelete