Sunday, April 26, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching and Knitting

Hello!  We had a glorious sunny day yesterday and much of the day was spent outside, cleaning up the gardens, walking Finn and reading in the gazebo.  We even ate out lunch outside on the patio for the first time this year.  There was no stitching or knitting of any kind yesterday, but, today, it is raining, a perfect day to stay inside and do some slow stitching.  


I finished my basket weave dish cloth this week.  You can really see the pattern created by the variegated yarn, now that it is done.  I have a new knitting pattern for a face cloth which involves seed stitch that I am going to try next.  I spoke to my knitting friends about how to make it so I think I am ready to tackle this new pattern.  I hope to start that today. 


I worked on the March ornament for the Linen and Thread sampler for 2020 this week.  Here is how it looks right now.  I am not happy with the black bars and will likely remove them and the swag under the left tulip.  I will likely not do the outside border on this one and just call it finished after taking these stitches out.  Time to move on to April!


I try to spend at least an hour at my sewing machine each day, but, sometimes, Finn has other ideas.   I managed to get the sashing and cornerstones made for both of my Farm Girl Vintage (block patterns by Lori Holt) wall hangings and one is put together.  Here is the last block that I made earlier this week.  I did not have very many red 30's prints so I used the other red fabrics in my stash. 


Here is my first set of cornerstones... 


And, here is the first top, all together, except the final border.  My friend, Christine, has some fabric in her stash which I am going to use for the borders on both quilts.  I will give her something out of my stash in exchange.  


I have a long arm quilter lined up to do the quilting on these two wall hangings and my snowflake quilt.  I will be doing a porch drop off to her this week.  

One rainy day this past week, I made some minestrone soup.  I love homemade soup!


My pasque flowers are blooming this week.  I love the feathery leaves. 


During this time of staying home and increased anxiety and worry, I am thankful for hobbies to occupy my time.  Stay safe and healthy.  I will link up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching crew. 

8 comments:

  1. Finn looks like he is thoroughly enjoying the sun. I do agree with getting rid of those black bars. The swag is nice, but a little too thick. The ornament will be great without both. When stores are open and yarn is available, I will have to try some wash cloths....maybe. I like the zig-zag effect of the your yarn. Your quilt is so sweet. That strawberry looks tasty...so does the soup. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those purple flowers - I don't think I have ever seen any like that. I like that wash cloth it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the fabric you used for the strawberry! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Love your wall hanging and the dish cloth. The soup looks
    delicious...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dishcloth and wall hanging. The soup looks yummy! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been busy! Love love love your ornament for this month. The colours are fabulous. Finn is so fluffy and cute - the perfect self-isolation buddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stitchery and strawberry block. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy, busy, with lots to show on your blog. I love home made soup too, although I've never made minestrone soup so far.

    ReplyDelete