Saturday, October 9, 2021

Working on My October UFO and some Knitting

 It's been a busy week!  My husband and I went on a three day, two night get-away this week--a much needed break from the usual routine.  There was some quilting action in the sewing room before we left, and some knitting progress while we were away.  My daughter and Finn are here visiting this weekend for Thanksgiving so there was a long walk at the park today followed by ice cream--Finn had a little bit of my husband's Country Pumpkin ice cream. I will share some pictures of our week below. 

First up, my Charm Square quilt--I pin basted it on Monday and spent several hours machine quilting it with my walking foot. 




I'm using green 50wt Aurifil thread that matches the green background fabric in the quilt.  I have not decided what to quilt in the brown areas yet--any ideas?  The on point four patches will get more quilting as well--I have a plan for those.  I hope to finish the quilting this week and then do the binding by next weekend. 

Next up, the knitting--I made another hat!  I did knit two, pearl one for the ribbing this time.   I like all the colours in this yarn.  I now have three pompoms to make.  We had beautiful weather for our getaway so there was outdoor knitting by the lake. 



We went on a couple of hikes when we were away. The fall colours are still in the early stages of change. 












We had an opportunity to cross a couple of items off the bucket list.  My husband tried out rock wall climbing for the first time. 


I walked on the high wire, between two poles and then back to the middle to be lowered down to the ground. 




I also tried my hand at archery, even hitting the small circle in the middle of the target (by accident) once! My husband did some archery as well. 


Finn and our daughter arrived yesterday for the weekend.  He is such a cutie and has kept us all entertained.  Finn has an appointment to get his hair cut this week. 





I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

9 comments:

  1. You were quite adventurous on your getaway. I love the photos. I am so petrified of heights I don't think I could manage either of these although the wall interests me a little bit. Love the Finn photos. Your hat and quilt look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness you were brave! I don't think I could have done that. Love your hikes and the fall foliage and have a Happy Thanksgiving - I always forget yours is a bit earlier than ours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not very adventurous on the quilting front so no help to you there I'm afraid! But I love the idea of the archery and high wire. Not sure about the climbing wall though it looks like hard work. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a braver gal than me. =) Just look at you on that high wire. The quilting on your pretty charm quilt is looking great, and love those flecks of different colours in the yarn for the hat. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. How lovely your daughter and Finn are with you to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW I can't imagine myself doing something related to radical sports. You are brave!
    Happy Thanksgiven for your and your family!
    Beautiful outdoors photos.
    The new hat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful week, and loved the pretty views from your getaway! The quilting on your charm square quilt is looking great. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun-filled week, and I commend you on that high wire act. I don't think I would be brave enough! Your projects are lovely and Finn is his usual adorable self. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So brave, I'm sure I couldnt climb so high to do that, or even want to! But you both did, and got to cross these adventures off your wish list, good on you. Such gorgeous photos from your hiking, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new hat. That's a great yarn! and your quilt looks really nice, maybe some swirly quilting in the dark fabric to offset all the straight lines? Finn is always a delight and look at you on the high wire! (I love archery, and have done it as a sport off and on since I was a teen.)

    ReplyDelete