Saturday, April 9, 2022

Lots of Slow Stitching Projects Underway!

 I have been working on several slow Sunday stitching projects this week.  I added more windows and doors to the houses in the Coming Home quilt...I still have a few more to stitch down and one complete "street" to cut out and sew.  Some of my houses have extra "personality" with slightly slanted doors and windows...



I put the pompom on my new hat earlier today so it is all ready to wear.  There are still a few days here and there when I will need a hat for my morning walk.  The pattern picture showed the hat with no "turn up" at the bottom edge.  It looks better this way on me. 


I finished quilting my black and white checkerboard quilt and added some black and white striped binding by machine earlier today.  I hope to do some hand stitching on the binding tomorrow...I really enjoy doing this, although some don't. You can see that my assistant is always ready for a photo op. 





I did a bit of embroidery last week but did not blog about it.  I will add more stitches this week, I hope. 


You probably noticed that Finn had a haircut this week...

Before and After:



One final picture of Finn because he's so cute. 


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitching crew in the morning. 

10 comments:

  1. I like your houses - all different kinds and color make them so interesting. Finn is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the adorable look in Finn's eyes. The Coming Home pattern is fabulous; sweet little houses. The backing fabric on the black and white checkerboard quilt is beautiful. Love all that colour and pattern. I am one of those who doesn't particularly enjoying the binding process but I can see you do. Enjoy stitching the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your houses have personality with the doors and windows. I too enjoy stitching binding. I find it satisfying to be finishing the quilt. Your embroidery is very pretty. Your furry assistant is adorable as usual. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finn is so cute! And definitely photogenic! I love stitching binding - that b&w stripe is perfect for your checkerboard quilt. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of interesting lovely projects, I love the coming home quilt it has so much character. Finn looks very handsome with his new haircut. Have a peaceful Sunday and a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be doing binding today as well. It is so relaxing. Love the embroidery and Finn is always a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your binding... I love the stripe!
    Nothing better than binding and puppy snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your header quilt and the house blocks. Finn as always is adorable and so photogenic! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finn is definitely so cute! I like the B&W striped binding on the checkerboard quilt! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finn is hamming it up for the camera shoot! The black and white blocks look stunning with the bright pink (cerise?) Colour.

    ReplyDelete