Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Parcel in the Mail

Back in September, I signed up for the Inchie Quilts Christmas Ornament Swap. I have not made my ornaments to send to my swapee yet, but I received mine in the mail this past week, all the way from Texas! They are very nice and I look forward to hanging them on my tree. Charis also sent me a little cross stitch kit and two fat quarters. Thanks Charis!!! I will put a special thank you gift in the mail tomorrow!

In case you did not know, an Inchie is a 1 inch by 1 inch quilt that is often embellished with beads or buttons or embroidery or special quilting. I have never made any Inchies before and thought this would be a good opportunity to give it a try. I am supposed to mail my Inchie Ornaments before the end of November. They are next on my list of sewing projects after I get the binding on the quilts I just got back from the machine quilters. I want to have something to show at show and tell at the next guild meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment