Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spinning Squirrels and Maggots Quilt Progress!

I went to Jacqui's house last night for a little QNIC (Quilters' Night in Canada) and worked on the borders for my spinning 4 patch--spinning squirrels and maggots quilt. All of the purple blocks are done but I am still working on the blue blocks. Here is a sneak peak at how this quilt is going to look when it is done. I have a piece of the original Australian fabric that I started with to use for the border. Others at QNIC were also working on Spinning 4 Patch quilts--one was done with cat fabrics for the quilter's daughter for Christmas and the other was a charity quilt for cancer patients at our local hospital. This method of cutting and sewing the blocks makes for very interesting quilts!

2 comments:

  1. They sure are interesting. I'm going to have to look up how they are made and make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, My you have been busy. Your quilt projects are beautiful. I got your parcel today and the inchies are pretty I hung them up right away. Thank you so much for the FQ and your guilds pin, I enjoy collecting things like that to display in my sewing room.
    hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season, and I just loved getting your package. Pam

    ReplyDelete