Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

We had Easter Dinner at my sister-in-law's house yesterday. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, a vegetable casserole (made by me!), salad, buns, pie, ice cream and strawberries for dinner. I have some leftover turkey in my fridge which I will use for a casserole this week sometime.
My sister-in-law's family took a March Break trip to New Orleans, Louisiana and went to Graceland, home of Elvis, in Memphis, Tennessee on the way there. Many years ago, they gave us an Elvis tea towel which we "regifted" to them one year at Christmas. It has been a "treasured" possession in our family and has always been displayed prominently on special family occasions! This year, when they were at Graceland, my sister-in-law saw the perfect gifts for my husband and I. My husband received a can of "Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich" hot chocolate mix (Elvis' favourite type of sandwich!) and I received some "lovely" fabric featuring pink silhouettes of Elvis on a green background.

I will have to find a way to use this fabric in a table runner or throw! I'm just feeling "all shook up" right now and I can't think of the perfect way to use the fabric yet!!! If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. But are you in love? I got a chuckle out of your post. The regifting thing is pretty funny and the elvis fabric is great. My sister won some Elvis fabric years ago and I don't think she made anything from it yet. You two should get together and dream something up as long as you don't be cruel.LOL

    ReplyDelete