Friday, October 29, 2010

Country Spin

I spent some time this week working on the rest of my Country Spin blocks. I have completed all of the pinwheels now and have about 1/2 of the blocks completed with the sashing.  Here is a look at how the blocks will be sewn together.

I have been having a problem with the fat quarters I am using for this quilt--they are smaller than regular fat quarters!  The cutting for this quilt works out well for full sized FQ's (22X18") but these ones were about 19X16".  I am having to do some piecing for the sashing, which is not fun, but it looks fine. It just takes a little longer.

I will be making this quilt as big as I can with the material I have. I am still aiming for a lap quilt. I would like to have this one done and off to the machine quilters by the end of next week so it is done in time for me to do the binding before Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment