Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Harvest of Quilts"

The biannual quilt show of the London Friendship Quilters' Guild is packed up and cleaned up now. Lots of people came to the show--family and friends of members as well as people who saw our advertising and dropped by to see the quilts. There were an abundance of items at the raffle table and many of our charity quilts were on display. The tea room served delicious treats. The quilts were beautiful and showed the hard work and artistic talents of the members of the guild.

This blue and white quilt had only two fabrics in it!

They say diamonds are a girl's best friend!


This one was made by Christine at a disappearing 9 patch workshop last Fall.
One of the guild members took an Indian Orange Peel workshop with Heather Stewart.  I am organizing this workshop for myself and 17 other quilters in November.
This quilter does beautiful applique work and had 4 applique quilts in the show.

This afternoon, I added the borders to my niece's Christmas quilt. I will finish her sister's quilt top before taking both of them to the machine quilter's to be quilted. This quilt looks a bit wild but it is made of material leftover from PJ's that I have made each year for my nieces' birthdays. 
I hope to get the other quilt top done this week.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts! I had hoped to make the drive, but ended up struggling to finish my wedding quilt and missed out on the show :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilts. THank you for sharing

    LOve and hugs Gina xx

    ReplyDelete