Sunday, January 30, 2011

An afternoon to myself...

After a tumultuous week, I needed some alone time. This afternoon, I had the house to myself so I did some sewing. I made another 14 arcs for my Indian Orange Peel Quilt. I am up to 48 arcs completed now out of 120. Not quite half way there but making good progress! 

I was in Georgetown yesterday for a family event and afterwards, decided to go to the local quilt store "The Hobby Horse" for a little shopping before heading for home. I had not been to this store before but enjoyed wandering through the store drooling all over admiring the vast array of fabrics. I purchased some more batiks for my IOP as well as some red fabrics to enhance my stash. My red fabric drawer was looking sparse so my new purchases will liven it up a bit. I did not take a picture of the fabrics but if you keep following my blog, you will see them eventually as they make their way into my projects!

I am looking forward to an arc support retreat at Jacqui's later this week when a bunch of IOP quilters will be getting together to sew arcs together.

5 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your arc progress reports. This is going to be a fabulous quilt!
    quiltfever.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Indian Orange Peel quilts but have never made one. Yours is gorgeous! Sounds like you had a soothing fabric store trip. That always works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good...looking forward to our mini retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see these quilts. The anticipation is driving me nuts. Keep sharing, so I can keep drooling/admiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking arcs! I'm so sad that I can't come this weekend :(

    ReplyDelete