Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Sewing!

Debbie and Chris came over for the afternoon to sew. All three of us worked on projects in progress...

Chris worked on a Christmas table runner that did not get done in time for last Christmas. I predict that it will be done by Christmas 2012!

By the end of the afternoon, her block was done!


The rest of the runner is ready to put together so keep going, Chris!

Debbie worked on the borders of a quilt top that she has had finished for a while. Here she is sewing strips together for the piano key border:

I made seemingly endless numbers of flying geese units for my Stars for My Friends mystery quilt.  I have actally finished the mystery quilt as far as the instructions are concerned but it is not big enough for my bed yet so I decided to add an extra border with flying geese units.

I spent some time this past week cutting out squares for making the units.

I had thought I would be able to get the borders put together this afternoon, but the whole process of making the flying geese took longer than I had anticipated.

I have most of them trimmed and ready to sew together, but still have some more to trim. Stay tuned for more progress on this border this week.

The tumbler quilt was delivered to my friend this week. She loves it and appreciates the hugs included in every stitch as she faces the challenges ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment