Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Elgin Piecemakers Sewing Day


Twice a year, the Elgin Piecemaker's Guild has a sewing day at a local church.  This past Saturday, 13 quilters gathered and sewed all day long!  We had a couple of ironing stations and a place for cutting fabric in the kitchen as well as 13 tables for sewing around the room.  It was fun to see what everyone was working on as the day progressed.


Fran was working on a jelly roll rug to match her shirt!


Heather is attempting to use up her Christmas scraps for a paper pieced courthouse step quilt.


Farruk is a friend of Yvonne and is a new quilter.


Anne was using a collection of bicycle fabrics to make her blocks.


Yvonne finally finished a Christmas project that she started two years ago...Don't we all have this type of project aging in our sewing rooms???  LOL.


Christine made two acorn mug rugs.


Beth is making a winter quilt from flannel--so cozy for a cold winter day.


Chris's colourful leaf quilt is coming right along!


Pat made 8 blocks for her 365 challenge quilt. 


Jacqui managed to make three owls for her grand-daughter's Fancy Forest quilt. 


The other Yvonne quilted a lap quilt.


Jane is starting a new quilt --I can't remember the name of the pattern...

I started two new projects...A spinning four patch quilt with some Kaffe fabric purchased years ago...


I cut out all of the squares... and then assembled the blocks. 



Here are a few of my blocks:


I made 33 blocks and now I have to figure out how I am going to assemble them into a quilt.

In the afternoon, I started a baby quilt using 30's prints.  

I started assembling the blocks and then had to pack up before I got any done.  Stay tuned for another post later this week about this quilt.  


We had the room at the church booked until 4pm but I wanted to keep sewing!  Alas, I had to pack up and go home.  There may have been some more sewing time that evening...



1 comment:

  1. What a productive day your group had! It's lovely to see all there progress.

    ReplyDelete