Sunday, November 11, 2018

Half Way There


I managed to find a few minutes each day this week to add some more stitches to the outlining of my Frank Lloyd Wright Fountain Glass picture and I am pleased to announce that the top half of the picture is done!  The bottom half does not have as much detail so it should not take as long to complete the outlining there.  I have been doing most of my stitching in the mornings with a cup of tea before breakfast.  It's cozy to sit by the fireplace and add a few more stitches as I think about the day ahead.


I have a bit more outlining to add to the left of the brown and yellow chevrons...that will be done today.

I have had a very Quilty week...Monday night, Christine and I got together to sew for a couple of hours.  I made some blocks for comfort quilts for the London Friendship Guild...


and some pincushions (one one is complete because I ran out of the beads I use to stuff them):


I dug into my bins of solid scraps for these.

Wednesday night, my friend Pat and I attended the Oxford Quilt Guild's meeting in Ingersol.  The speaker for the evening was Sandra --her blog is "Quilting at the Cro's Nest" .  (The house quilt in the background is the raffle quilt for the Oxford quilt guild at their Spring quilt show.)


I met Sandra online through her blog when we both linked up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching Group each Sunday.   We met in person back in May when my husband and I attended her Guild quilt show in Simcoe.  Sandra is a long arm quilter and also makes amazing, colourful appliqué quilts which she often quilts by hand. It was inspiring to see her quilts up close at the trunk show.


Thursday night was the monthly London Friendship Quilter's guild meeting where Cathy and Charlene did a trunk show about their amazing English Paper Piecing quilts.  Cathy blogs at Eagle's Wings Quilts and also has a business by the same name selling EPP supplies.  Here is a picture from her blog of her most recent finish--Friendship Chain which she showed at the meeting :


Yesterday, I spent the day with members of the Elgin Piecemaker's Guild for a sewing day.  The original plan was to work on some UFO's, but no, I started two new projects instead...Yikes!  I will do another blogpost about the sewing day later this week. 

I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers at her blog this morning.  Take a look at all of the beautiful hand stitching everyone is working on and leave an encouraging comment or two. Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. You DID have a quilty week! I can't wait to see your new "starts". I'm looking forward to when Cathy releases the pattern for her new quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very busy quilty week indeed, with lots of eye candy! I love your Frank Lloyd Wright stitching. The town I live in is home to his one and only sky scraper, it's definitely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the EPP one. I have been antsy to get back to Lucy Boston; now that I have a plan for a 9 block table topper instead of a full sized quilt, I can actually foresee finishing it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FLW is really making progress!! I love the sweet little pin cushion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! Lots of quilty goodies to look at too! Your FLW is really coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that Friendship Chain quilt I had not seen that one before. Looks like you have had a lot of fun lately

    ReplyDelete