Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Coming Home House Border


My goal for last week was to finish piecing the house borders of my Coming Home quilt...not quite achieved last week, but tonight, I finished off the last border.  I fussy cut the centres of my star blocks and used liberated piecing for the star points.


I like to think the little house above is the town library, or the home of avid readers.


A gardening gnome lives in this green and yellow house.


Here is a picture of all 4 borders around the centre medallion.


Some of the houses will be getting appliquéd windows and doors but I have yet to decide which ones.   The next instructions came out at the end of May so I will be doing quite a bit of applique next--stars and suns, moons, clouds, kites and birds as well as at the doors and windows.  I hope to have some progress to show by Sunday for Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy.

1 comment:

  1. interesting quilt - where is this a BOM from? I shouldn't ask I have no time to start another anyhow I have way too many started!!

    ReplyDelete