Saturday, June 1, 2019

Another Quilt Finished!

This was my goal for this past week--to get this quilt to the finish line.  I quilted it over a few evenings and then did the binding yesterday and today, mostly in the car on the way to visit my MIL. My husband and I also managed to get all of our flower pots and window boxes planted over the last couple of days. There are lots more outside jobs to do yet, and they will get done over the next few weeks: weeding the flagstone path, weeding and mulching the gardens, moving some plants...


I really like the backing fabric that I used for this quilt.


The yellow binding looks good on the front and the back.  You can see my cross-hatch quilting in this picture too.


I used Bonnie Hunter's scrappy trips pattern to make this quilt top at a retreat back in March. It is a gift for someone who does not read my blog.  I don't think she even knows I have a blog.


Finn has been keeping my daughter busy.  Now that the nicer weather is here, he likes to go for more walks and just chill outside.


Then, it is time for a nap!


This Icelandic poppy lives in my front garden. 


Here is my progress on my Frank Lloyd Wright counted cross stitch project for this week.  It will look more coherent when I start to add in the outlining.  Isn't it funny that my quilt finish and my counted cross stitch projects are colour co-ordinated???


I will be linking up with Kathy and the gang in the morning for Slow Sunday Stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great finish! Love the backing fabric - so cheery. FLW is coming along well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's nice you work together on the yard and gardens - my husband has no interest in that stuff and rarely does any of it! Great needle work and quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful finish! I've been itching to make a yellow and grey quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quilt! I've been wanting to make a Scrappy Trips quilt for quite a while. It's definitely on my horizon! Love the colors and thanks for the pictures of Finn! He's a cutie!! Gorgeous Icelandic poppy and your X-stitch is really coming along. Isn't it funny how the outlining really makes it come alive!

    ReplyDelete