Friday, May 31, 2019

Stitching and Knitting in the Gazebo

I knew something was up when the garage door would not open when I got home from work yesterday...  The power was out and Christine was coming over for an evening of sewing.  I called her and let her know the power was out and that she should bring a hand work project as well as her regular sewing projects just in case we could not use the sewing machines.  I cooked my supper on the BBQ and went for a walk.  Still no power.  Christine arrived and we headed out to the gazebo to cross stitch (me) and knit (Christine).


It was a lovely evening...the sun was shining and the birds were singing.  We sat and chatted as we worked on our projects.  Christine has just started to knit a blanket. (It matches the pillows on the chairs in my gazebo!)



My columbines are in flower and these ones are right beside the gazebo.


I have been machine quilting my yellow and blue scrappy trips lap quilt this week and had hoped to machine stitch the binding on last night but since the lights did not come on until 11 pm, that job had to wait until this morning.


This quilt is a gift for someone who does not read my blog.   I used my walking foot to sew a cross hatch quilting design on it with blue thread that matches the border fabric.


I hope to get the hand sewing on the binding done this weekend and will do another blogpost when the quilt is done.

I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday morning.

8 comments:

  1. How appropriate that the power went out in time for you to do Slow Sunday stitching! Looks like a lovely way to spend the time. Glad it is back up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing about us knitters & quilters & x-stitchers: we will always have something to keep our hands busy! Way to improvise and what a lovely place to while away the hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to relax with a friend and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful picture of you enjoying some stitching outside. You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun evening with your friend... even if the hand stitching was the plan B to machine sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like some cozy stitching indeed. You both look lovely with such contented expressions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice way to spend an evening!

    ReplyDelete