Sunday, May 26, 2019

Nautical Baby Quilt Done


I spent much of the day Friday quilting this baby quilt that had been sitting around for several weeks, waiting to be finished.  As you can see above, I quilted wavy lines with navy blue thread through the centre section and straight lines with orange thread at the top and bottom.   The corner triangles have more wavy lines sewn with orange thread.   I added navy blue binding and finished hand sewing it today.


The orange and white fabric was purchased at QuiltCon in February.


The flannel backing has whales on it to match the whales on the front of the quilt in the centre panel.  I had to add a strip of navy fabric to make the backing wide enough.


My husband has a lot of experience holding quilts for me.


The blue binding frames it nicely.


All done!  This one will go into the baby quilts in waiting pile.  I like to have a few on hand for any babies who happen to come along.


I am ready to tackle the next quilt in the UFO pile.  The backing and batting are ready to go!

4 comments:

  1. I love that quilt. The orange and blue combination is unique and quite pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this - not your typical baby quilt at all and those little whales on the back - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great complementary color scheme. what cute fabrics.

    ReplyDelete