Saturday, May 25, 2019

Stitching Updates

My daughter has been working on her Prague cityscape quite a bit in the last week or two and sent me a picture of the finished piece this afternoon.  There are lots of beautiful colours in this picture.


She has finished several cities now.  I may need to introduce her to my framer so she can get them framed and on display!  I am not sure which city she will be stitching next.

My Frank Lloyd Wright counted cross stitch picture saw a few more stitches added this week as we travelled in the car.  Last week, it looked like this:


You can see what has been added below:


There will be more stitching tomorrow.

Friday, I spent the day pin basting and machine quilting a baby quilt.  I made the top at a workshop a few weeks ago and then it went into the pile of quilts waiting to be quilted... I decided this week that I needed to tackle the pile and get some quilts to the finished stage.


Today, I trimmed the quilt and added the binding.  The hand stitching is just about done.


I had this flannel whale fabric in my stash for the backing.   Come back later this week to see the finished quilt.  I will be finishing off the binding tomorrow for slow Sunday stitching with Kathy and the gang.

I have another quilt ready to be pin basted and then quilted.  My goal is to be doing the binding for slow stitching next weekend.

I did a little gardening today too.  We bought flowers for our pots on the porch and patio but it started to rain before they were planted.


6 comments:

  1. I love your daughters Prague x stitch. I've never been there but I'm told it's a beautiful city. FLW is looking good too. Love that backing fabric and your garden looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Prague cross-stitch is so pretty and colorful as is that baby quilt. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt. Love that whale fabric. We bought our plants for potting this week also. I potted a few on a very windy day. I hope to do the rest today and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued your daughter is stitching a selection of cityscapes. The Prague pretty is fabulous, isn't it. All those glorious colours are great. Love the swans. Your Frank Lloyd Wright cross stitch is coming along nicely and the baby quilt is sweet. Those whales are sweet and how snuggly with the fabric being flannel. You do have a beautiful garden. I must say I am a wee bit jealous over that gazebo of yours....what a gorgeous structure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the stitching I need to get another photo of my daughter's piece when she finishes it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe your daughter should stitch every city she wants to visit, and then take the framed pieces to that city for a photo op!!
    Enjoy your hand stitching today... it's lovely enough to sit outside finally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prague looks amazing! I love the swans in the river

    ReplyDelete