Friday, May 10, 2019

Coming Home is Coming Along.

I (finally!) finished appliquéing my last two tulip blocks for my Coming Home BOM project this week. It was fun picking out fabrics for each flower and the leaves. 





All four blocks...done!


The points got easier with each tulip I stitched.


I put this together last night and put it up on the design wall for a picture.  I stressed a lot about colour choices for this part of the quilt.  It will be a queen sized quilt so there are 9 more months of blocks and borders to make.  The next border consists of little houses, some of which are pieced already.  I will be working on more of them next week.


Our azalea bush is in full bloom this week. This was a gift from a friend 6 years ago and it has more flowers every year.  I think it likes where it was planted!


I was out for a walk yesterday at lunch time and noticed these tiny pinecones on a tree.  They are about 1/2 to 3/4" round.  I'm not sure what type of tree this is...

9 comments:

  1. Coming Home looks beautiful and I don't see anything but perfect points on the tulips. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tulip block is really nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Coming Home quilt top is fabulous! Great job on picking colours and fabrics! It's a really great combination of hand and machine work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. I love those tulip blocks. I look forward to continuing to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coming home quilt looks great, love your tulip blocks, I found the leaves harder to get neat than the flowers, yours look pretty perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your applique is so wonderful! Our azaleas are just about done now, yours look so pretty, love that delicate pink color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beautiful block! Your color and fabric choices really make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Tulips are sweet; such pretty fabrics and the applique looks fabulous to me. The block is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the color combo in your tulip quilt.

    ReplyDelete