Thursday, August 15, 2019

Coming Home Progress Report

My husband and I went to visit our daughter for the long weekend so on our way there and back, I stitched in the car.  I brought along the house borders for "Coming Home" and got all the doors and windows and clouds appliquéd.  There was a lot of traffic in spots so I had more sewing time in the car than I usually get on our way to where my daughter lives. 




I just bought the material for the window and door on this house a couple of weeks ago specifically for this project. It reminds me of balls of wool...


I fussy cut the little hearts in the windows for this house.


I added all four borders and the suns and moons this week.   I will be adding the kites, birds and stars soon.  


I'm really loving this BOM so far and look forward to starting the next border-- trees and more houses.

I will be linking up with Kathy and the other slow Sunday stitchers this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Good progress on Coming Home. Wise to have something to stitch for possible traffic delays that are becoming more frequent. Each border adds more interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun BOM. Your details are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your BOM is lovely. I think the design is marvelous, and I think your recreation of it is wonderful. Such wonderful rows of houses framing the patchwork in the middle. Love your bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! I love how each addition is so different and yet enhances the whole!

    ReplyDelete