Friday, August 2, 2019

Windows and Doors

I spent some more time appliquéing this week on my Coming Home quilt borders.  The top cloud is done... and I am still working on the bottom border in this picture. Sometimes, I am ready a bit early for work in the morning, and so I do a bit of stitching before I have to leave for work.  Every little bit counts!


This house is done now...


And I am still working on this one:


After I finish the door above, I will be working on the cloud above it.  There will be birds, kites, and stars added too, but not until I get the doors and windows on the houses and the clouds finished.

Frank Lloyd Wright "Waterlilies" had a few more stitches added in the last couple of weeks too.   I am alternating between cross stitching and outlining.


There will be more stitches added this weekend.

I will link up with Kathy and the Slow stitchers on Sunday morning.   Have a great long weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Just love your Coming home piece--the clouds add a lot --nice work hugs, Julierose P.S. i am still sorting scraps and getting Snowballs bordered...sort of in a funky state with sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those happy houses. Your FLW is progressing well. Do you stitch on a long haul flight? It's not always easy but I find it does help pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric choices are wonderful for your Coming Home, I'm enjoying watching it's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water lilies really pop once you add the outlining. I am loving this FLW piece. I like those houses too. You are making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colorful row houses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice, and you seem to be enjoying every stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prior to retiring, sometimes I stitched prior to going to work and yes, it does add up. Fifteen minutes each morning totals to more than an hour’s worth of stitching. Scrap quilt houses are a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these houses and your stitching is beautiful. Your cross stitching as well is lovely. Isn’t it wonderful to have this hobby of ours! Staying hot here but starting to cool overnight. Lots of thunderstorms lately.

    ReplyDelete