Monday, September 30, 2019

8 More Modern Sampler Blocks

Today was the first day that I did not have to go to work since I retired last Thursday.  I got up at the normal time, got ready, made my lunch, loaded up the car with my sewing machine, a project,  all the rulers, cutting mat, and other equipment I needed and headed out to a sew-in day with the Oxford Quilt Guild.  I just joined this guild last month and today was the first chance I had to sew with everyone.   I chose my Tula Pink Modern 100 Blocks sampler as today's project...it was all in one bag and ready to go.

Over the course of the day, I made 8 more blocks.


Some blocks had a lot of pieces!


I managed to create the 3D effect with different sizes of dots.



You may remember I am using my large collection of black and white prints for this quilt along with three fat quarters of Tula Pink fabric which I purchased at QuiltCon in February.  Some blocks are just black and white but most have a bit of colour in them.




In large quantities, that one black and white fabric does weird things to your eyes!


Such cute little owls!

The end of block construction for this quilt is in sight...I have made 84/100 of the blocks.   Now, I will have to think about how I am going to set them...

3 comments:

  1. Love those little owls in your fabric! I like the mix of b&w with a touch of color. It looks like so far, so good on your retirement. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the joy of not setting the alarm for 5:19 every night! Leaving night meetings early...joining the day quilting guild I never could attend...garden club etc. Wish I could say I have finished a myriad of projects-blocks look terrific! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks and was inspired to use my black and whites with my vast array of novelties. Much more impressed with yours than those in the book! Congratulations on your retirement! May I ask what brand your cross stitch hoop is and whether you like it? Size? Thank you for every post! sharon at sharonstroud dot com

    ReplyDelete