Friday, December 3, 2021

Packing up for another Retreat!

 My friend, Christine, and I are off to another quilting retreat this weekend!  The weather looks good and won't interfere with our plans.  I have packed several projects to take with me including the Lupin Quilt (all of the blocks are made and the sashing and borders are cut out and ready to go):


A comfort quilt for the local women's shelter using bird blocks made by members of the Elgin Piecemakers:  (all sashing, cornerstones and borders are cut) The last block was given to me last week. 


My modern sampler quilt: (all blocks made and the fabric for sashing, borders, etc is in the bag)


I'm also bringing along two knitting projects...one I can't show as it is a gift, but the other one is my nearly completed snowflake dishcloth.


In the sewing room this week, I made several Christmas gifts.  I mailed out one parcel this week and have a couple more gifts to make and mail next week. I will show pictures of what I made after Christmas. 

My husband and I did some Christmas decorating this week.  I have three Christmas quilts hanging in various parts of the house.  I made this one a few years ago--the pattern was in a magazine.  The pillows are my own designs. 


Christine gave me this cute gnome quilt last year. 


I made this snowman wall hanging over 10 years ago--it was a kit. 


I noticed someone has done some outdoor decorating at the park where I walk each morning with a friend. 



The snow has melted now but I'm sure there will be more in the not too distant future. 

Finn enjoyed a nap this week on the quilt I made my daughter when she went away to university.



I will link up with Kathy's slow stitchers on Sunday morning.

12 comments:

  1. we will be lucky if we get that much snow all winter! it looks so pretty - we are having an unusual warm week in the 70's right now - a plus to get yard work done

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some lovely Christmas quilts displayed in your home, Gail. Gosh, you have a lot of projects to keep you busy on your retreat. Love all those bird blocks. Have the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your Christmas quilts that you have on display. Those pillows are pretty also. Enjoy your retreat. You surely have plenty to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your Christmas hangquilting and pillows, especially the triangle tree. Enjoy your retreat time, and Happy International Volunteer Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful collection of bird blocks!
    Have a fabulous time on retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time at the retreat! I love the bird blocks, and your Christmas quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun projects. I hope you're having a wonderful time. Sewing is fun but with friends is THE BEST! You really made some cute little pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're all set to keep busy at your retreat! I enjoyed seeing your Christmas quilts and decorations, too. It's always so fun to get those out this time of year! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing Christmas quilts and decorations, thanks for sharing. The bird donation quilt is going to be so pretty, so many delightful designs of different birds. And I really like the plus block, just a little different, do you have the measurements for this block please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely projects that you have to work on. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to see past Christmas projects...yours are so pretty. Snow and freezing rain here today. The season has definitely changed to winter.

    ReplyDelete