Saturday, December 18, 2021

Three Finishes to Share

Like many of you, I love to make gifts at Christmas for my friends and family. Sometimes, a block I see on someone's blog or on Instagram catches my fancy and I print out the instructions.  This was the case this week with this Peppermint Twist block from @runningstitchquilts.  I made this block into a little table mat for a friend.  She has already opened it as I thought she might like to display it this year.  I used a snowflake print for the backing. 




I finished the binding on my batik disappearing nine patch quilt last weekend.  This one is being given to a family member of a friend who has cancer. It's just the right size to keep her warm while she rests on the couch.  




I put this wall hanging together at a retreat in November and quilted it at home.  It has been given to a friend for Christmas--she opened it early so that it could be put out for this year. The backing and binding fabrics were in my stash--leftovers from another project but perfect for this little quilt. 





I have finished off all of my Christmas gift sewing now but still have a few knitting projects underway.  I will be able to complete these gifts over the next couple of days. No pictures for now. 

My Buffalo Check Modern Snowflake quilt is back from the long arm quilter's house and now I just need to make the binding and sew it on.  She used a snowflake pantograph and it is perfect for this quilt. 


I took these pictures while out for a walk one day this week--such interesting seed heads on these ornamental grasses. 


Finn is always excited when a parcel comes in the mail, especially when it is for him! (even if its just poop bags!)


I will link up with Kathy's gang of Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

12 comments:

  1. very nice work - it takes a lot of time to make gifts I hope they all appreciate them - have a great Xmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those pretty quilts. I like looking at all the fabrics that you have used. Those backing fabrics are great. Enjoy your knitting. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts!! Love the Peppermint Twist block.
    Enjoy your knitting time and relax.
    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gifts! So thoughtful too. Love that Finn. Poop bags = walks. He's proving once again how smart he is! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finishes you have this week! Lovely snowflake quilting on your modern snowflake quilt. Not entirely sure Finn is impressed by his parcel? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely finishes, I particularly like the quilt with the animals. You certainly have been busy getting everything done in time for Christmas. When you showed the pic of those seeds I thought you would then show poir Finn covered head to foot in them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS meant to add..... merry Christmas to you and your family. Its been fun to watch Finns antics during the year and I've enjoyed seeing your project progress, and your daughters one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great Christmas projects and fabrics. I do love red and white prints, sometimes it is impossible to find green and white ones, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the animal quilt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finishes! I have just a few things to finish up. It always brings a smile to my face when I see Finn's cuteness! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I love what you did with that pretty Christmas panel. I have one, so thanks for the ideas of how to make it into a hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finishes and a wonderful photo of Finn.

    ReplyDelete