Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Charity Project with a friend...

Last week, my quilting friend and I got together to cut strips for a charity quilt for a foster child. This is a project for the London Friendship Quilters' Guild --they supplied the fabrics and I added a few of my own that matched the colour scheme. Here are our strips ready to sew together.

My quilting friend did the sewing and I did the ironing and cutting. Here are some of the strips sewn together into sets of two.

Then, she sewed them into blocks with 4 strips, two light and two dark (alternating).

Next, I matched them up and she sewed, I cut and cut again. Here is the next part of the process and then a picture of our completed block. Neither one of us were really excited about the fabrics we were given initially but now that we have one block done, we don't think they look so bad after all! Only 8 more blocks to go...

1 comment:

  1. That block looks GREAT! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.
    Well Done!