Sunday, February 22, 2009

Two more tops, ready to quilt!

I purchased the fabric for this quilt while on vacation in Nova Scotia two summers ago. I added the borders this afternoon and now it is ready to take to the quilting lady. The backing for this quilt is the same as the wide border. I think I may use the dark blue for the binding.




Last Fall, I took a workshop with Heather Stewart and made this "Cobblestones" lap quilt. Tonight, I finally added the borders and it is now ready to go to the quilting lady to be quilted. I have purchased green flannel for the backing.







A friend and I are getting together tomorrow night to work on a charity quilt top for local children who are in foster care. We have done our initial cutting and will work on sewing pieces together tomorrow night. I am on cutting and ironing detail and she is going to do the sewing.

1 comment:

  1. The tops turned out very nice!! I like the border on that blue quilt...that turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete